If you are a family caregiver working to support the needs of a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia, there is now help! A free, six-session course The Savvy Caregiver Program will be held at the Stoneham Senior Center, 136 Elm Street, Stoneham, Mass., on Tuesdays from October 16 through November 20 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm, for family and friends who are active caregivers.
The Program will provide you with the information, skills, and support you need to provide top-quality care to the person you love while taking care of yourself. As a caregiver, you deserve to be confident that you’re making your loved one’s life better. Don’t let anxiety define your life; you deserve to feel competent and skilled. Don’t spend your days questioning your own ability to provide care.
The program will provide you with essential information and resources:
- Understand the impact of dementia on your loved one and on you.
- Learn skills for managing daily life without burning yourself out.
- Take control of your time and set goals for yourself and your household.
- Grow into a stronger communicator.
- Strengthen your family’s resources and resilience.
Registration is free, but required. To register or for more information, please call Kathy Learned or Jessica Parow at 781-324-7705. With advanced notice, Mystic Valley Elder Services can help connect you with a trained companion to stay with your loved one while you attend the workshops.